I feel like I've been slacking a bit here on my blog. Don't worry, I have excuses! :-P
No, actually, blogging has been a good outlet for me, and I am committed to continuing. But the rest of my life has been a bit crazier than usual, so, while I've managed to get a few posts up this month, I haven't had the time to write much, and it's looking like that trend is going to continue a bit longer....
Here's what's going on at the moment:
1. My brother is moving in with us on Monday! He just graduated from high school and is heading to college in Texas in the fall, but since my parents just moved into an RV, that means he gets live with us for summers! We're quite excited to have him....but it has meant that we really needed to tackle unpacking all those boxes downstairs to get his room in live-able condition. The good news is, his room is about half an hour's worth of work away from being as good as it's going to get; the bad news is, we still have boxes in the main room down there that aren't unpacked yet (we moved seven months ago.....).
2. We've had stuff going on. We're not typically busy people. We intentionally try to avoid getting too busy. But, for some reason, we've either gone to some get-together or had people over here six out of the last ten days (plus a houseguest for a few days), and we have similar plans for at least another five days. It's a bizarre new trend for us, and it leaves little time in the evening to get anything else done.
3. I finally got my Etsy shop up! And then, while unpacking downstairs, I found some leftover "Firefly" fabric from a previous project, so I'll be able to get a few new items up in my shop sooner than I'd anticipated! I've already started working on them.
4. I'm a full-time mom first. And both my kids have been getting sick lately. Kaylie had strep, so that was a solid week of her not feeling very well, and Wil still has issues eating anything with grain in it, so I spent most of Sunday covered in vomit while he slept on my lap between puking episodes (fortunately, I had just discovered that Joss Whedon's "Much Ado About Nothing" is now on Netflix--and can I just take a moment to say that the "Buffy"/"Angel" fan in me was rejoicing to see Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker finally get a happy ending?), and this week, they have colds. Sick kids need a lot of time and attention, so other stuff falls through the cracks.
5. And finally, I have begun the arduous process of moving my blog. While I love almost everything about Wordpress, I have come to the conclusion that the possibility to earn a little money, however small the amount, doing what I'm already doing, is worth the hassle of moving to Blogspot. But since I only have a few months' worth of posts, I'm copying every post over to my new blog before I begin posting new material there. So I will keep posting here until I am completely caught up, at which point I will shift to posting new material there. For my Wordpress followers, I will keep this blog open so that I can alert you to new posts on Blogspot and link you to them, so you will not need to re-follow me there unless you want to. You can check out my progress on the new blog here!
So, all that to say, you may be in for some lazy posts in the coming weeks. I have more recipes and tutorials planned, but I just don't have the time to put together longer posts with lots of pictures right now. I will get back to those soon!
|Our Sunday afternoon.|